Education: Safe Patient Handling
Mid-AtlantiCare truly believes training is a critical element in the process and can provide 100% of the 5 levels of training recommended for the Clinical/Technical staff at our Clients. Mid-AtlantiCare will co-develop a mutually acceptable schedule with your Staff including Clinical Education. Our goal is to develop, implement and support safe patient handling and movement programs that significantly reduce both patient and nurse related injuries.
Your investment in proper training for your personnel will pay off on a daily basis through higher patient satisfaction and improved staff morale and effectiveness.
We believe in competencies not training. Safe patient handling and mobility is a cultural shift in the way we provide patient care. Mid-AtlantiCare will provide you with
multiple methods and levels of education to match your needs and staff requirements.
Mid-AtlantiCare can provide 5 options of training approach to your staff:
Option 1 -Train the Trainer– Train the Trainer. Designed to insure knowledge Transfer
- Train the trainer c/o 4 sessions
- 1: Training Participant, 2: Training, Shadow, 3. Training co-teach, 4: Training Observe and feedback - Includes training Staff and top up training and rounding - total of 4 sessions
- Normally 2 Full day training for a select # 8 to 12 of clinical education staff
Option 2-Clinical User Training – Instructed by our RN staff
- Mid-AtlantiCare will formulate a training plan based on the # of Clinical staff to train
- Training will include hands-on in-services and ON-Line presentation.
- Training will include Night Shift and weekends.
Option 3 - Clinical User Top Up Training & Follow up –Instructed by our RN Staff
- Once a month Site visit for follow up-compliance
- Top-Up Training to train any new employees that are missed in initial training.
Option 4 – Lift Specialist (Super User Training)
- Super Users will be ale to create and maintain a Safe lifting Environment through auditing, benchmarking and system analysis, ergonomics and educational methods. While learning solutions to prevent patient handling and related injuries. These individuals will be considered Gurus at their facility and will be the go to people for all end users and lift Champions.
- 2 day Super User Training at our facility
- Mid-AtlantiCare can/will provide all documentation of training competency for your records and Joint Commission recordation if required.
- Mid-AtlantiCare will provide you with operations and service manuals for each lift system and binder documentation for your identified Unit Super Users and Bio-med point of contact
Option 5 – Biomed & Engineering Training
- Level 1 - 15-30 minute session on Periodic Inspection checks per piece of equipment
- Level 2 - 1 - day hands on session at our site – tear down and assemble of all products
Service, Preventative Maintenance, & Periodic Inspection modules to assist with Joint Commission requirements. Includes all Operations and Service manuals, Hands on working with the product, Trouble shooting guides, On line learning modules are available on request.
Technical Support topics include:
- Industrial/OSHA Safety Requirements
- ISO 10535, Requirements and Test Methods for Patient Lifts
- NFPA 70, National Electric Code (NEC)
- UL60601-1, Safety Requirements for Medical Equipment
- UL product and component markings
- Machine Design Features
- Service Manual content / Assembly Techniques /Theory of operation / Troubleshooting techniques
- Service Methods & Techniques
Spare part replacement procedures / Lift Inspection methods / Preventative Maintenance schedules
Training Models include:
Likorall, Golvo, Viking, and Sabina II